Review # 10: Frozen

Double digits! Finally here is my tenth review! Sorry, it's been a while but please enjoy my icy review of Disney's Frozen!

Plot: The plot is similar to the Disney movie by the same name that came out in 2013. If you never watched the movie the story is about two sisters named Elsa and Anna. Elsa has magical ice powers. One day Elsa accidentally hurt Anna with her powers. Their parents decided to erase Anna's memory of Elsa's powers and kept Elsa away from Anna until she could control her powers. Years past and Elsa and Anna's parents died. Since Elsa is older, she is next in line to become Queen. Will Elsa still hide her powers from Anna? Or will she embrace her powers as she goes on this epic journey? Find out in Disney's Frozen. I thought the plot was interesting. It still had the same parts as the movie and it had some new parts. The story is fun and chilling as you go along with Elsa and Anna's journey in Frozen.

Characters: From the plot, you may think Elsa is the main character in this show, well that's not true at all! Anna is just as important as Elsa. She was funny and quirky as can be. Even young Anna was just as fun to watch. Elsa was good as well with her show-stopping number Let It Go. I even loved the villain, Hans. The writers made him just as quirky as Anna and even had some sides I would never think to see in him. The puppets for both Olaf and Sven where great! Sven was so life-like and Olaf was just as funny in the show. I even loved Kristoff and Oaken with their numbers. Sad to say, they did replace and deleted of some of the characters from the movie like Marshmallow, the evil snow monster. They also replaced the trolls with people (animal-things) called the hidden folk. Even without the beloved characters, the show still goes on.

Songs: They still have the same the same songs as they did in the movie, they just made them better, such as Love Is An Open Door. This version of the song made me love Hans and Anna even more with their dancing and singing talent. They even added some new songs like this song that Oaken opens up within Act 2. (Let just say that The Lion King isn't the only musical to teach kids how to relax and enjoy life). I also enjoyed the songs Monster and Dangerous To Dream, which are both songs from Elsa. I loved both of these songs but I wished Elsa's songs were more powerful than soft because Elsa is a powerful character. I even wished Let It Go was a bit more powerful. Just as there was deleted characters, there was deleted a song from the movie, called Frozen Heart. They replaced that song with many other songs, and the show still goes on.

Sets: The sets were the best thing in this show. The way they did Elsa's ice magic was beautiful. They kinda reminded me of the sets from Anastasia but only better. The sets made you feel as if you were with Elsa and Anna. The Let It Go part and the some of the parts with Elsa and younger Elsa was just magical and I hope to see more of that in other shows in the future.

Overall, Frozen was an okay show. I only wished the songs were more powerful and I hoped for more laughs from Olaf or the other characters. I would take kids, teens, and adults to see this magical Disney show. I would also take any fans of Frozen or Disney to see this show. So check out the freezing new show Frozen.


Comments

Popular Posts