Review # 2: Dear Evan Hansen

I saw Dear Evan Hansen a New Musical on Broadway and here are my thoughts on the show.

Plot: In case you don't know the plot, the plot is about a teenager named, Evan Hansen who is known for having no friends because he is very nervous and very shy. When a teen named, Connor Murphy commits suicide, things start to change for Evan. Evan is in love with Connor's sister Zoe, so to get close to her, he tells her and her family that Connor and he were friends. (There is more to the plot I want to make it as short as possible). I loved the story it was so good. Nothing was confusing, and it was amazing to see how these characters come to life. It was beautiful. It's like the 2017 version of  Hamilton.

Characters: The cast was amazing. I'm so happy to see that Ben Platt (Evan Hansen) and Rachel Bay Jones (Evan Hansen's Mom, Heidi Hansen) winning their Tony awards for there parts. Mike Faist (Connor Murphy) was great as well even though he did not win. Some them the as characters like Jared Kleinman, Alana Beck, and even Connor Murphy was very, very funny. But other characters like Heidi Hansen and Zoe Murphy were very serious. I liked that. It had some humor but to balance it out there were some serious parts their too.

Songs: All the songs were great. There was no bad song in the show as well it was perfect and they all made sense. I just wanted to sing with them because they were all great songs. There was no song that was too long and sometimes I wished some song were longer because they were that good. So the songs were great.

Sets: The sets were great to. I couldn't stop looking at them because they were so amazing. Sometimes I just stared at the background because they were so good. So they got an A+ for the sets from me

In the end, Dear Evan Hansen is a great show. Like I said before it's the 2017 version of Hamilton. If you want to see it then get your tickets fast because you now have to wait until next year (maybe idk) to see it, just like Hamilton. Do not take kids 12 under to see this show. Some parts got a little to too crazy for kids. But this will be a good 'life- changing' show  for teens and adults.



Comments

Popular Posts